The Baby Massage Strengthens The Bond With Parents - Therapeutic massage for babies are part of a preventive program that provides a touch of love from the beginning. The baby massage strengthens the bond with parents. Understanding the benefits of infant massage can improve the quality of parenting and promote the welfare of both parents and babies.
Infant massage contains certain critical elements of linkage such as eye contact, mutual smiles, soft sounds, loving touch, caresses, smells and mutual interaction. Studies show that this union increases parental attachment and desire denutrir and care for your baby. These biochemical interactions increase pleasure in the child's brain, reinforcing the neural pathways associated with pleasure and motivation, strengthens the bond of parents with the baby and the baby bond with their parents.
Benefits of infant massage
1. Holds a loving and intimate communication.
2. Improving the link with their parents.
3. Promotes social, emotional and cognitive development.
4. Help the baby relax and release the tension of the daily stimuli.
5. Reduce gas, colic and intestinal difficulties.
6. Promotes baby sleep.
7. Strengthens and regulates the respiratory, circulatory, nervous, muscular, digestive and endocrine systems.
Benefits of Massage for parents
1. Promotes better understanding towards the baby's cues.
2. Improved communication and emotional ties.
3. Increase confidence in the handling skills of parents to the baby.
4. Provides quality one on one interaction.
5. Help parents to rest and relax.
6. Increases vocalization and direct eye contact.
6. Give parents a special to connect and strengthen the bond with your child time.
Massage for premature babies
- Facilitates and promotes weight gain in preterm infants.
- Reduces the production of the stress hormone (cortisol).
- Counteracts the pain response.
- Provides greater participation and parental satisfaction.
- Promotes a more mature baby motor behavior.
- Improves the immune system. It helps reduce hospital stay.
Practical benefits of massage for babies
Infant massage is an emerging practice in today's world, which has led researchers to study the emotional and therapeutic benefits of massage. Massaging babies is a source of great contribution to the tactile stimulation. A classic study, conducted at the Research Institute Touch Research Institute, showed that premature babies stimulated with a daily massage averaged greater weight gain of 47 percent per day, which were more active and were more alert during the cycle sleep-wake, and showed more motor maturity, better space-time orientation, and better performance in the Brazenton scale that babies who did not receive massage.
To the parents
Dissemination in teaching infant massage is due to the positive results of the research, and thanks to our changing styles, fast and strong desire of parents to provide better care for their babies and children life.
The baby massage strengthens the bond with parents and demonstrated in situations where both parents work, the daily massage helps offset separation, to re-establish the link between them and thus be able to provide quality intimate time, that is so necessary in this period of life of our children.
For parents, who often do not have the time or opportunity to nurture, create and maintain a physical bond with your baby is particularly important. The mutual interaction offers both child and parents more confidence in themselves, and to have a special quality time together.