How To Teach Children The Value Of Courage - What is courage? According to the American writer Mark Twain, courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not the absence of fear. It is important that children learn to have courage because it is a value that will help them cope with different situations, challenges and challenges, at school, on the street, among friends and family throughout their lives.
The value of courage for children
Parents should teach and promote the value of courage in their children, because they will help to draw strength and courage of the weaknesses, fears, teach them to fight and cope with simple challenges left drawing blood, taking injection, jump into a pool , take their first steps, ride a bike without training wheels ...
There are many ways to teach children about the concept of courage. We tell some:
1. example. Forward anything to tell children that have to be brave courage or face a situation, if the parents are all day talking about fears, against animals, the road to a work situation ... We must first show that fear and fear imprison a person and not let it go on.
2. Teach your child to have self-confidence and monitors to have good self-esteem him. These lessons will make them strong to face little challenges such as public speaking, dealing with a disease or just an annoying insect.
3. Experiments are activities that can help children stimulate courage. There is nothing better than to turn them into brave challenges. Invite your child to practice some experiments with balloons, water experiments or experiments with fire. How about challenging your child to prick a balloon without being exploited? Or make a coin disappear in a glass?
4. The films are also a good resource to explain and reflect children about courage. We refer to films with characters who demonstrate courage and bravery. Then talk to your child about what he would do in place of the character to fight the bad guy asks his opinion.
5. At school, teachers could challenge students to do a story about courage or them to tell a story of courage they know. To the best drafting a "diploma courage 'would be given to the author.
6. Books can also teach children a lot about courage. There are children's stories like 'Jack and the Beanstalk' or 'The Wizard of Oz ?, which may explain the courage to children.