7 Basic Values That We Teach Our Children - Parents want the best for our children: the best school, best friends, best job, the best boyfriend or girlfriend. We want happiness and success for our children, however, it is important to keep in mind every day , every moment, that the secret to success is to educate our children early in values and get them to be better people.
Each person has their scale of values, my educated I was among many other things on empathy, the phrase my mother was always 'do not do what you would have them do unto you'. Each parent consider some core values to educate our children, these are mine.
Fundamental values in the education of children
1. Educating children on tolerance: it is important to accept the difference of criteria, opinions, cultures, races or religions. Accept others with their differences is essential to build strong and healthy relationships. It is a value attached to respect.
2. Educate children in responsibility: it comes to teaching children that everything that is done has positive and negative consequences and that one has to take responsibility for their actions for good and for bad. In addition, this value is linked to the commitment to certain tasks and obligations.
3. Educate children on honesty means being honest with oneself and with others, not to lie out of fear or convenience, admit mistakes, do things for others without expecting anything in return, be worthy of the trust of others .
4. Educating children in kindness: teach children to be inclined to do good to others, to be kind to their peers and have a friendly behavior.
5. Educating children to collaborate: refers to teach basic skills such as sorting room, pick up the table, place your clothes. These are skills that will help children in the future because they are basic life and future .
6. Educating children in forgiveness: learn to recognize the error and apologize is a way to make amends.
7. Educating children on empathy: putting yourself in the other side, to see things from the point of view of another person or understand others. Is a definite value to avoid doing harm to others free or understand why others behave a certain way.